Motorola has come clean in their support forums today to some problems that have arisen with the current build of Froyo for the Droid X.
Their specific comments on several of the most frequent complaints are copied below.
- Stuck on Moto logo after reboot – this was tough on a very few owners. Sorry about that. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release. If you are still experiencing this issue, click here.
- Random rebooting – while there always seem to be new conditions that can cause an electronic device to panic, we do have improvements coming that address and eliminate identified panic states. They will be distributed in a future software release.
- WiFi connection and stability – improvements in WiFi have been developed, to address several problem areas. They will be distributed in a future software release.
- Battery Manager “force close” errors – under some circumstances, pressing the battery icon under Menu > Settings > Battery Manager results in a forced close error. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.
- Media won’t play – includes “sorry the player does not support this type of audio file,” custom ringtone stop working, video won’t play, etc. A reboot will restore full media function, but not permanently. We believe we have identified the cause of these errors. A fix has been developed for this and should eliminate the problem. It will be distributed in a future software release.
- Music files cutting off the final four seconds or so – a solution has been developed. It will be distributed in a future software release.
Unfortunately they do not have a specific timeline for when an update to address some or all of these issues will be coming, but they are working on it and promise to update with new information when it is available. It’s good to see Motorola owning up to this rather than just burying their heads in the sand until they have a fix, but here’s hoping we see the update soon.
I have had a few random reboots, but the major problem for me since the Froyo update has been my WiFi connectivity. Motorola is stressing that these issues are only being experienced by a limited number of users so I’d be curious to hear how many of our Droid X users have seen any of the above on their device.
RSS feed brought to you by the Android and Me Store
- Froyo OTA update expected to hit the DROID X tomorrow
- Motorola will not update leaked Android 2.2 DROID X users to official build
- Leaked Froyo build available for Droid X users
- Verizon Droid X unboxing and mini review!!! The Sprint Evo Killer??
- Early adopters report: How do you like your new Motorola Droid X?